Saturday, May 18, 2019 | BAY LAKE
Giant Pike. Great Feast.
Walleyes might be Minnesota’s state fish, but there is no debating that the Northern Pike is one of the our fiercest, drag-taking lake monsters. Pike-a-Palooza celebrates these toothy critters with this competitive, catch-and-release Northern Pike fishing tournament. After the award ceremony, all anglers are invited to a chef demonstration with tips on cooking incredible meals with northern pike and fish fry on the shores of Bay Lake.
ENTRY FEE: $100 per boat
PIKE-A-PALOOZA FISHING TOURNAMENT PRIZES:
- $750 first place prize for heaviest three-fish bag
- $500 second place prize for second heaviest three-fish bag
- $250 third place prize for third heaviest three-fish bag
- Prizes will be awarded for biggest fish and other categories
- Every angler who brings in a 10-fish limit of small pike will receive a prize (thanks for helping maintain the lake’s northern pike population).
FISHING. FOOD. FUN. FOR A GOOD CAUSE.
A portion of the proceeds from this event will benefit the Bay Lake Improvement Association to assist in their effort to protect the long-term health of Bay Lake. These efforts include working to control the population of small northern pike in the lake, as well as keeping the waters free from invasive species.